QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Wednesday 26 November 2014

"I'm Sorry, Just Doing My Job" - Darren Wilson Says He'll Do It Again If He Has Another Chance

(CNN) - Ferguson Police Officer, Darren Wilson, in his first interview since the fatal shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown, told ABC News Tuesday that he's not tormented by that fateful encounter in suburban St. Louis last summer. "I don't think it's haunting, It's always going to be something that happened. The reason I have a clean conscience is that I know I did my job right." Repeating what he told a grand jury investigating the shooting, Wilson said Brown reached into his police vehicle and grabbed for his gun.
Wilson said he feared for his life and told ABC's George Stephanopoulos he asked the teenager to move out of the centre of the street. Brown walked over to his car and pushed the door back as Wilson tried to get out, the officer said. "As I looked back at him, punches started flying," Wilson said in the interview, which aired Tuesday night. "He threw the first one and hit me in the left side of my face."

Wilson said he didn't know how many times he got hit. "I just know there was a barrage of swinging and grabbing and pulling for about 10 seconds, I reached out my window with my right hand to grab on to his forearm."

Wilson said he wanted to move Brown away. "I just felt the immense power that he had. And then the way I've described it is, it was like a 5-year-old holding onto Hulk Hogan. That's just how big this man was, He was very large, very powerful man."

Read the full interview on CNN 

No comments:

Post a Comment