QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Friday 11 April 2014

“ I Am Not Mentally Ready For Marriage” — Choc City’s Ice Prince Opens Up On Life, Relationship, Career & More [READ]

Chocolate City’s Star Artiste, Panshak Zamani, a.k.a  Ice Prince who hit the limelight with his banger  ‘Oleku’ after which he released his debut album, ‘Everybody Loves Ice Prince.’ His second album, ‘Fire of Zamani’ has also been applauded by music lovers and critics alike, in the music industry.
The rapper had a chat with Vanguard Newspaper recently and opens up on life, relationship, career and more. See excerpts below:
Life before fame ?
Actually, I have seen life in different forms because I wasn’t born poor and I wasn’t born rich. I lost my Dad in 1999 and then things became different and my mum also passed away in 2011. So life  has not been easy. I could remember back then, I was sent out of school because of school fees but today I thank God for who I am and where I am.
Has music always been your dream ?
Yes, but when I was young I have always wanted to be a doctor, a lawyer and a soldier. But music for me, started when I went to secondary school in the late 90s. I started performing at social events, at school and I would mimic 2Pac and B.I.G songs, and that’s when I fell in love with rap. A few years later, I joined the choir in my church  and groomed myself as a musician.
Why are you still single ?
I don’t think I am planning to get married now because am still young, I’m in my youth  and moreover, I am just 27 years old. Maybe later in my late thirties I can start planing to get married  or not.
But what are your reasons ?
It’s because I still have a long way to go before thinking of settling down. I can’t say because of what I have, that I am okay to get  married,  no. I don’t think I am mentally ready for marriage.  I think before one could get married, one needs to attain certain level of understanding and awareness. I don’t think I have those qualities just yet.
But are you in any serious relationship, and any plan of  settling down with your baby mama ?
Yeah , but I wouldn’t want to talk about my girlfriend and about the mother of my baby. She is good and we are not talking about getting married because I’m not ready yet.
How true is the rumour that Unity Bank has cancelled your endorsement deal  ?
That is not true, they never cancelled the deal, even Unity Bank put out a press statement to that effect and  presently they are still working on it. What you saw online then was mere  rumour.
How would you describe a typical day in the life of Ice Prince?
A typical day for Ice Prince would be to wake up, shower and, if I’m not performing that day, I  head straight up to the studio. I have a studio in my house. I go to the studio and listen to music that I made the day before and I just try to create new stuff. After that, I reply to my emails, get on Twitter to talk to a few girls and then return to the studio. If I have a visitor, I go and chill with them and then I jump straight back to the studio.

Read the full interview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment