QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Thursday 11 September 2014

2 Days To Go: Floyd Mayweather Vows To Put On a Show Against Marcos Maidana

Floyd Mayweather has promised to put on a boxing masterclass in Las Vegas on Saturday night and said his opponent Marcos Maidana fully deserves a rematch against the American superstar. The pair originally fought back in May, when Mayweather controversially won by split-decision to extend his unbeaten professional record to 46 bouts.

Mayweather, 37, only has a couple of fights left in his glittering career, but said there was no way he could not fight Argentina's Maidana for a second time after an irrepressible demand from the public.
'I know I'm almost 40 but I'm still going strong,' said Mayweather. 'I still feel good and I want to go out there and perform. I'm going to give you guys what you want to see. 'The first fight was very, very interesting. Hopefully the fight this time round will be a lot more exciting.
'He's always in tip-top shape. Does he deserve a rematch? Absolutely. I commend him and I commend his team for stepping up to the plate and making it happen again. 'The fans demanded this fight. I'm a true champion and a true champion never backs down, so I said "let's make it happen again".' 

Photo Credit: Getty Images / Reuters

No comments:

Post a Comment