QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Saturday 20 September 2014

Jada Pinkett-Smith Shares Fitness Regimen & Ageing In Health Magazine

Jada Pinkett-Smith is one of the leading poster girls women for ageing gracefully. This year, we've seen more photos than we can count of her showing off her bangin’ bikini body on vacation, while proving that you can still maintain a great figure in your 40s. But what’s the secret? The 43-year-old mom of two is covering Health Magazine this month, and inside she dishes on how she keeps in shape. She’s not cutting out any carbs or slaving in the gym for three hours either, surprisingly.
*Peep a few highlights below:
On her fitness regimen:
It’s funny—my cardio workout varies. If I have a heavy carb week, I’ve got a heavy cardio week. I tell people all the time, ‘You can eat whatever you want, as long as you’re willing to put the work in, and that’s a thing I had to learn. So I make sure I do something physical every single day. But that doesn’tt mean you have to go to the gym and freaking kill yourself! I do 20 minutes of cardio a day. Everybodys thinking you gotta be in the gym for an hour and a half. Literally, I’m never in the gym longer than 45 minutes. Just be consistent—that’s it! It doesn’t necessarily have to be intense, and you will see a difference. Just go out of your house and do a brisk walk! Every night, my mother and I take the dog and just walk, and that’s a ritual for us.
On the foods she focuses on to stay healthy and being big on lean protein and fresh veggies:
And carbs! My husband’s trainer started giving me diet tips, and he dismissed the myth that more carbs means you’re going to be unhealthy. What I realized is that I wasn’t eating enough of the proper foods like pasta and rice. I needed more of a high-carb situation in order to facilitate the amount of calories I burn. That meant more fruits, meant a lot of vegetables because those are carbs as well and, if I want, some pasta or toast or English muffins.

On her bikini photo showing off her toned body
Willow took that photo. She said, “Mommy, you look so beautiful in this picture.” I couldn’t really see it, but I was so charmed that that’s how she sees her mother. I’m getting teary thinking about it now. [Tears spill down her cheeks.] Because when your kids get to be teenagers, they can get a little rough on you, you know what I mean?
On feeling good about getting older
Because it is what it is! I’m getting older! I’ve never looked at myself as, like, a beauty. I’m not sore on the eye, but I know there’s always going to be somebody more beautiful—always. My grandmother used to say to me, “It’s not about what you look like on the outside. It’s what you look like on the inside.” So she helped me learn at an early age to be well-rounded, to be spiritual, to be compassionate.

And my mom said, “You can do whatever you want with your hair and your clothes.” I went to art school, and I could make my hair lime green if I wanted. So there was a certain internal power that grew within me because I didn’t have a problem being who I was, no matter what room I was in.
On her date nights with Will
A lot of times, we’ll do it at the house because when we go out it can be a little hectic. So we have different places around our yard where we like to set up a little Arabian tent, pillows, wine and cheese, candlelight. Will likes really thought-out productions.

Photo Credit: Health Magazine
Source: NicoleBitchie

No comments:

Post a Comment