QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Tuesday 30 September 2014

T.D. Jakes To Take Legal Action Against Rappers Young Jeezy & Kendrick Lamar

Apparently you can’t just go around using someone’s church sermon without permission. Rappers Young Jeezy and Kendrick Lamar recently dropped a remix of a song called “Holy Ghost,” but one minister isn't shouting praises to the duo, saying they used his sermon without authorization. Bishop T.D Jakes says he never gave the rappers permission to use his sound bite, and he plans on taking legal action. Earlier this week, Jakes posted the following message to his Facebook page:
SPECIAL NOTICE: The “Holy Ghost” remix by Jeezy featuring Kendrick Lamar was produced without the knowledge or consent of T.D. Jakes, TDJ Enterprises, Dexterity Music or its associated companies. We are taking the necessary legal actions to stop the unauthorized use of T.D. Jakes' intellectual property.
In the remix Jakes is heard saying the following: To tell myself, I’m still on fire. I’m under attack, but I’m still on fire. I got some chatter, but I’m still on fire. I got some threat, but I’m still on fire. I got some liabilities, but I’m still on fire. If it’s not amazing that I’m on fire. I’ve been to hell and back, but I’m still on fire.
Neither Young Jeezy nor Kendrick has yet responded to the allegations. Ironically, “Holy Ghost” has been on the top of the rap charts since its release. Download & Listen to the song and share your thoughts.

Source: The Roots

No comments:

Post a Comment