QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Friday 23 January 2015

Graduate Who Stood In Train Station With CV, Now Stands Same Place Looking For Job-Hunters

This story of this young man has not only inspired me but also other aspiring Nigerians. Alfred Ajani is remembered for having the courage standing in Waterloo railway station in London holding a sign which said: 'Marketing Graduate (BA Hons 2:1 Coventry Uni) - Ask for a CV., and handing out his CV to prospective employers when he was jobless. After he was employed by a recruitment firm, he's now returned to the same place where he once stood to advertise positions on his team.

Two weeks after his job-seeking stunt, he took a role with recruitment consultancy, The Asoria Group, which are based just one hundred yards from the station. Alfred is now part of a team looking to expand the company's workforce and went back to Waterloo yesterday as part of his search for new employees.

Alfred told MailOnline: 'It felt great to be back at the same place and be looking for people who, like me a few months ago, are looking for a good job. I've loved my role since taking it and there hasn't been one minute where I've regretted my decision.'

He added: 'I didn't want to be back looking for a job again, or standing in the station for a second time, so I'm really pleased with how it has gone. The company is expanding and we're looking to take people on to the desk where I'm working so we are now searching for graduates, people in the same position I was last year. We've got around 20 vacancies. It feels good to be putting something back and I'm hoping to take the brand to universities over the next year.'

Source: DailyMail UK

No comments:

Post a Comment