QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Thursday 15 May 2014

“I Wanted To Be A Footballer” – Akpako Master, Terry G Speaks On Career, Scandals, Future & More

Benue state born Amanyi Oche Gabriel a.k.a Terry G began his music career as a protégé of ex plantashun boi singer, Faze. He came into limelight when he produced 2 shots’ hit single, “In case you never know” featuring Timaya. Terry G has moved on to record hit songs of his own. He is currently the CEO of TGP Records. Terry G also directs videos under his company, TGP-Terry G Productions.
The Akpako master had a chat with ThisDayLive and spoke on his career, fatherhood life, scandals and more, check out the excerpts below:

I have been quite busy lately...
A lot of people have been curious about when I will drop my next album. I always tell them ‘Five Years time’. It sounds funny, but it’s the truth. The Nigerian market doesn’t favour the release of albums periodically. So, it’s not as financially rewarding as it should be. Rather, I’ll keep dropping singles and entertaining my fans. Lately, I have been going for tours, travelling around the world and also trying to establish my water company which is picking up quite well. I have just released my singles (person pikin, oputakumo, and Terry G) and I am planning to shoot the video of Terry G soon. So, it’s all part of the work I am doing to keep my fans entertained. But I am definitely not thinking about an album right now.

Fatherhood has helped me to get rid of bad friends....
I would be lying if I tell you that I’ve not gained a lot from being a father. It has changed my life in so many ways. I no longer go out at random for no reason. And the most important thing that fatherhood has done to me is the fact that it has helped me chase away bad friends. It has also changed my way of thinking. Now, I can say I’m more mature and more responsible.

My greatest challenge...
The word challenge means different things to different people. But to me, I think life itself is challenging. Personally, my life is a challenge. My everyday is a challenge. So, I try as much as possible to take it one step at a time; one day at a time and leave the rest to God.

I’m not at the top yet...
You might expect me to tell you that I’m fulfilled with my position right now. But honestly, the answer is no, because music is for life and I don’t see myself at the top yet. Nobody can get to the top. If you truly love music and you are passionate about it, it’s something you’ll want to do for a lifetime. So, I can’t possibly be talking about fulfillment at this stage of my career when I still have a very long way to go.

I would have been a footballer...
Before my music career became a success, I always thought I would end up playing football, and really I would have been a footballer, because back then I used to play football. I was very good and I am still very good at it till now. But I guess God said ‘music is the way’ and here I am.

I didn’t fight in public...
Right now, I am not happy at the reports circulating on social media. Yes, I do crazy hit songs. Yes, I act crazy in my videos. I do all that for the money.  How on earth at this point of my career will I be involved in such? I am not saying this to convince anyone. Every lovely Nigerian is entitled to their own personal opinion. I might have a thick skin as a celebrity but I am also human. I have blood flowing in me and not engine oil. Its only natural to feel bad when such stories are not true. Is it wrong for me to settle a misunderstanding between two parties without waking up in the morning to see such negative headlines? Will I at this point swim at a public hotel without paying? My darling Nigerian journalists, you have played a positive role in my career right from my R n B days, to this day. Please, always try, not only on my behalf, but also on behalf of my other colleagues, to confirm any story before publishing. My energy is for entertaining my fans worldwide and not for street brawls. Life is for the living.

My happiest moment...
Wow... My happiest moment was when I gave birth to my child T-REX. I felt on top of the world. Believe me, there’s nothing that could be that exciting. I just couldn’t contain my excitement that day and till now each time I remember it, I still feel very happy.

I don’t feel bad not being a brand ambassador...
Not at all, I don’t feel bad, and just to remind you, I am a Peace Ambassador and I am sure when my time comes, it’s going to be massive. Don’t forget that he who buys a car first, buys the old model. When it’s my time, trust me, the money would be super amazing.

My life as an artiste, producer and video director...

Well, it’s called entertainment and I have so much passion for it. I am creative, so I live for entertainment. It’s very interesting and in the coming months, another side of me would be unveiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment