QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Wednesday 3 September 2014

"Boko Haram Wants To Eliminate Me" - Ali Modu Sheriff Speaks Out

Former Borno State governor, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, says Boko Haram, whom he has been accused of sponsoring, is actually out to kill him. He made this known while speaking to journalists at a press conference in Abuja on Wednesday saying that he had no links with the terror group. It would be recalled
that the former senator, recently left the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Sheriff said:
“My name has been mentioned for political reasons over the attacks of Boko Haram. I have been accused unfairly in connection with Boko Haram since I left office. “The recent purported interview granted by Australian negotiator, Stephen Davies, could not avail the federal government of the information concerning the alleged sponsors of Boko Haram… but [he] sneaked out of the country to make false claims. 
“For the records, let me state categorically that I do not share the same ideology with Boko Haram. By my nature, I am opposed to the philosophy of Boko Haram. “It is instructive to point out that I have been one of the greatest victims of Borno. I was a target of Boko Haram during my time because I refused to abdicate my responsibility.
“Among those killed by Boko Haram was my younger, Alhaji Goni. Some of my friends and associates were killed in cold blood by Boko Haram.
 
“For the records, the late leader of Boko Haram, Mohammed Yusuf, once named me, Umaru Yar’Adua and some other leaders as targets. He boasted he would deal with all of us. “I banned Boko Haram. I was the one who made a law that outlawed the group. The sect later changed its name. And in spite of our efforts, the group continued to wreak havoc.”

No comments:

Post a Comment