QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Do You Know The Real Meaning Of ‘Bae’? The Revelation Will Shock You

There are some words so commonly used on Social Media and because it has gotten so much acceptance, we adopt it without knowing what it really means. Today, I came across a meaning of the word ‘Bae‘ and I was totally shocked. Bae is most often used as a term of endearment, often referring to your boyfriend or girlfriend. We see people posting pics online with the words ‘Chilling with my bae’, ‘I love you bae’.
Maybe I’ve been guilty of it too *hides face*. So imagine my shock when I saw this: According to the Urban Dictionary:
Bæ/bae is a Danish word for poop. Also used by people on the internet who think it means baby, sweetie etc.
But come to the Internet world, Bae has a totally different meaning. Some people even use it as a hashtag #BaeBeLike. Bae to many means the short form of Babe or Baby, and I guess its here to stay. But imagine you calling someone your ‘Bae’ and someone in another part of the world is calling poop that same word…. eeeew!

Do you call that special someone in your life ‘Bae’? What does the word mean to you? 

1 comment: