QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Wednesday 25 February 2015

GatherRound! Falz Speaks On Comic Infusion Into His Music, Credible Presidential Candidate & More


Nigerian rapper, son of renowned human rights activist and lawyer, Folarin Falana a.k.a Falz The BahdGuy unknown to many, is a Law graduate from the University Of Reading, UK. His "Marry Me" video featuring Yemi Alade is still topping the charts and has shot him to limelight. In this exclusive interview with eGistOnline Magazine conducted by Odinaka George, the rapper speaks on his law background, the comic infusion to his music, voting for a credible presidential candidate and much more. Below are excerpts from the interview;
Background?
My name is Folarin Falana, I was born and bred in Lagos and I had my Primary education here in Nigeria while my University was in the UK where I studied Law. I have two sisters and was born in a predominantly law background - both of my Parents are lawyers.

How did your family react to your Career path after your Law Degree?
They were initially surprised because there’s no music background in my family. They were not seriously against it, they were just intrigued by it  but now they’ve grown to accept my chosen career, they are my number one fans now *smiles*

What particular event brought you to limelight?
It was when I released my single titled “High Class” in 2013 which is my first major single. Prior to that, I had other singles and a mixtape released in 2009 but 'Highclass' really announced my arrival into the industry.

Being a professional Lawyer, do you still practice? 
I still practice once in a while but it’s very difficult especially now that I have gained popularity via my music - it is more difficult to appear in Court to represent a client.

Any record label or endorsement?
Right now, I’m under my own independent record label called “BahdGuy Records”. I’m the only artiste in the label and we’re looking to develop more talent into the label in a later time but right now I’m just focused on my career to establish myself. There’s no endorsement for now but we’re working on a few deals and when it’s done, you’ll definitely hear.

What is your source of inspiration?
Life and things that happen around me, the everyday activities in Lagos
What extra activities do you partake to relax apart from music
I’m a movie person so I visit the cinemas often. I love football as well.

Tell me about the concept of “Marry Me” music & video and what made it go viral
The concept of the song is the vital element that made the video go viral because it includes social activities that happens every day and it’s something everyone can relate to very easily. The pressure the young ladies give to their guys to get married at a particular time or age also played a big part as well. In the Video, we came from a funny angle and Mex the video director transferred the whole idea in the song to the video. Credit to him because he wrote the story

What is the clothing accessory you can’t do without
I think it my glasses. I wear it more often now because it intrigues people. It is a weird and strange thing seeing an artiste wearing glasses with no lenses when he can afford a better one, so I like the fact that it has a weird effect on people. It’s an old school style that I’m bringing back - you could call it a trend *laughs*

Which Artistes are you collaborating with?
I’m working with a lot of talented guys in anticipation of my second album later this year and I’ll be releasing new singles any time from now.

The #2015Elections is the biggest thing right now, what do you look out for in your ideal presidential candidate?
Integrity - someone that has the ambition of the need for change in the country. We’re at a point where we need things to drastically change for the better in the country. We need someone that is ready to enforce the drastic measure to ensure that things change. Right now I cannot say to you this is the particular candidate because my vote is private to me, I’ll definitely vote for whoever I think will bring the expected change in the country.

What role are Artistes collectively playing in influencing their fans to vote for a particular candidate?
A lot of people collect money without the knowledge of their fans, but being a good role model, it’s of utmost importance to forget the monetary aspect and motivate their fans to vote for best candidate who they think will affect the change they need.

Do you see yourself contesting in an election in the future?
I cannot announce that I’ll be in any public office in the future and I will not also rule out the possibility of being in a position to serve my people because you never know what the future might bring.

Best advice you ever received
'Whatever you do, be yourself'
Pictured: Falz Manager, Femisoro, Falz and Odinaka George of eGistonline
What's the idea of your comic infusion to your music?
Passing my message in a funny way through my music is a strategy to help almost anyone relate because it catches the audience's attention easily and that’s the aim for the comic infusion into my music.

How did the funny Instagram video contest for “Ello Bae” come about?
It’s an idea to stay connected and engaged with my fans, the videos have gone viral and the reception has been huge. My social media followership in recent times says it all and I’m grateful to my fans especially those who took part in the contest.

Any woman in your life, Single or engaged?
Right now, I’m very single and available, infact I’m looking for girlfriend

Where do you see yourself in the next 4 years?
In 5 years time, I see myself at the pinnacle of the entertainment industry in Nigeria

Following the success of his latest single trend 'Ello Bae', Falz has recently launched his apparels and wears into the Fashion industry 

Find Falz on Social media
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Twitter

Download 'ELLO BAE' Music Or Watch the funny Instagram skit

No comments:

Post a Comment