QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Naked & Blindfolded College Student Poses On Library Steps For Performance Art Project

A 22-year old Texas college student, Monika Rostvold, sat outside Texas State University, San Marcos, library for 45 minutes yesterday, seemingly with no clothes on, in the name of performance art. She stripped down hoping to prove a point about sexuality. Rostvold who is studying for a Fine Arts degree, also cut herself off from the outside world by putting on a blindfold and wearing headphones, and said later that exposing her body so publicly was in fact an attempt to de-sexualize it.

Speaking to campus radio station KTSW, she said:
'My body is beautiful, natural, this is what it's supposed to be. I'm trying to take away it being a sex object. I was fully clothed when I got there... I recorded myself walking up to the steps and then completely taking my clothes off and then putting the ribbon [blindfold] and putting the headphones on. I was there for 45minutes in total and I was so nervous, I was sweating so bad, my heart was pounding and, like, really crazy.' 
Speaking to DailyMail.com, she added that if it had been legal, she would have gone further.
'I would have done it fully naked - though I feel like the message came across even though it wasn't.' 
Source: DailyMail

No comments:

Post a Comment