QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Monday 21 July 2014

Rapper Skales Flaunts New Record Label "OHK Music", Speaks On New Venture, Career & Future

The long list of artistes who own record companies in Nigeria is growing everyday as singer/ rapper and now entrepreneur, Raoul John Njeng-Njeng, a.k.a Skales, launches his own music record company, named OHK Entertainment. The Former E.M.E baddest boy, who now wears a new refreshing look, spoke on his new venture, career and more in a chat with Encomium Weekly See excerpts below:

What’s the latest about Skales?
A lot! These past weeks, I have been in meetings, rehearsals, video shoots, and shows. I had to make decisions on my feet, I have learnt a lot, and I have also taught a lot. All I’m saying that Skales has grown, and I am grateful to God for this period of my life.

You recently launched a new music record label. Tell us more about it.
OHK Entertainment is a company that I started to create the best music team in song-writing, production, engineering, performing, concert series, etc.

What inspired you to establish your own music outfit?
I wanted to do something different, I had always nursed the vision and I felt it was time to do it.

What do you think will stand OHK Music out from the rest?
Our content, our dedication and commitment to making great music, and our flexibility.

Who are the acts you have signed onto your label?
Right now, it’s myself, Drey Beatz, who’s an amazing producer/vocalist and Kenny Wonder, talented vocalist/producer/engineer. We also have affiliates Jay Pizzle (producer) and Stanz Visuals (photography and cinematography).

Do you plan signing more?
Not any time soon.

What are the specific things OHK Music will cater for? Is it just music production?
Like I mentioned, making good music is the primary goal and we would be offering services such as song-writing, production, mixing and mastering, music video production.

Did you set up OHK Music all by yourself or with a partner?
I did it on my own, with the support and advise from close friends and family.

What’s your vision for OHK Music?
To be the most sought after music team from this part of the world.

What are the qualities you look out for in signing your artistes?
Being talented isn’t just enough to succeed in this business. When I was choosing my team, I wanted folks who were disciplined, hardworking, loyal and talented.

What are the other projects you are working on?
I’m working on my debut album, and that’s coming out later this year. That’s the thing that I am really focused on right now and there’s a major deal that I’m about seal, you’d be the first to know.

Before you were solely an artiste, now you are a business man as well. What has changed about you and your schedule?
It is just like how it was when I was in Lead City University studying, recording and performing it’s still just as hectic. Meetings, recording, writing, interviews so I’m getting used to it.

The life of a business man is hectic. How do you chill from all the hassle?
Sleep. I just shut myself from everything and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment