QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Saturday 2 August 2014

Chelsea Legend, Frank Lampard Set To Join Manchester City On A 6-Months Loan Deal

New York City FC  midfielder, Frank Lampard is in talks with Manchester City over a six-month loan deal, according to Sky Sports sources. The former Chelsea player joined New York City, owned by Manchester City and baseball giants New York Yankees, on July 24. It was thought Lampard, 36, had
agreed an autumn switch to join Manchester City’s sister side Melbourne City where he would feature alongside New York City team-mate David Villa.

But the news of his decision to join Manuel Pellegrini's side will no doubt cause huge disappointment down under. City face Chelsea on Septemer 21 in the Premier League and it is likely Lampard will be allowed to sit out of the clash to avoid damaging his relationship with Chelsea supporters.

At his New York unveiling last week, Lampard spoke of his desire to keep up his fitness levels before joining MLS. "I will have to keep fit. I'll have to train at the very top level, whether that's on my own or with a club somewhere, I'll have to see," Lampard said. "Of course I'll keep fit and make sure my levels don't drop too much.
"When we come here for preseason I want to be ready to go. I want to fly out of the blocks. I don't want to come out sluggish."

Manchester City, who return to England from their American tour on Tuesday, hope to have Lampard in training before Sunday's Community Shield match against Arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment