QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Thursday 5 February 2015

"I Need A Better Pikin With African Qualities" - Harrysong Talks Marriage, Ideal Candidate For #Elections2015 & More

Harrison Tare Okiri a.k.a Harrysong is a Delta State-born musician currently signed to Five Star Music and the 'Beta Pikin' Crooner is still making waves with his latest hit song "Kolombo". In this brief Parley with eGistOnline Magazine, he talks to Odinaka George on his journey to the music industry, his ideal candidate for the #Elections2015, his greatest regret so far and more. Below are excerpts from the interview...enjoy!
Thank you for honoring out invitation once again! For the benefit of those who don't know - Please share with us briefly Who Mr Songz is?
Thank you for having me *smiles*. My name is Harrison Tare Okiri a.k.a Harrysong, I was born in Warri, grew up in Ogijioma village, Delta State. I'm the only child of my parents and even though I wanted to be a Petroleum Engineer, I studied Political Science at the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State (UNIPORT). Music has always been my passion, it always give me joy.
 
Different events and occasions aid Artistes to breakforth into the limelight, What particular event did this for you?
The NMVA 2011 was indeed a memorable event that helped people embrace Harrysong as a performer, and other subsequent editions of the event got even better. The 2014 Award remains one of the best amongst it all and I must admit, the NMVA platform has contributed positively to my music career.

You currently work closely with KCee as a label mate and friend, how did this friendship come about leading to your 5Star Music Label signing?
Well, KCee and Presh were fans of Harrysong back then - they always come to watch me perform at Ojeys Night Club and they never stopped encouraging me each time they come, especially KCee. Our friendship blossomed since then and we worked and travelled together. They were a source of motivation to me because I used to envy them wondering when I’ll be big like them. I had a deal with Questionmark Entertainment and even when my contract expired, my friendship with KCee especially after his break up with Presh still remained. We were working together up until my signing to Five Star music.
Wow, interesting transition! Did you anticipate that the signing will further shoot you into this remarkable limelight?
Absolutely not! Like I mentioned earlier, it was a necessary transition after my contract expired and I moved on like every other artiste to continue the hustle. Truly thankful about the outcome so far *smiles*

Great! So why did you change your Stage name from Harrysong to Mr Songz?
It’s not really a change of name, it’s more like a title. Most times, when we work on music, we just add a little spice to it. So, it’s not like I changed my name. It’s just an addition, like a.ka. Mr. Songs, a.k.a Mr Beta Pikin, a.k.a Mr. Kolombo. It’s just a title not a change of name.
You are looking very good, how has life been since your move to 5star music?
Five Star Music is that dream team to every player, it has been such a blessing to my life, and it has been a home for me since then.

On spending money lavishly & showing off on the social media, what are your thoughts on these judgmental passes?
I’m not using it to intimidate anybody, for me it is a means of encouraging the upcoming artistes by showing them that with hard work, you can achieve anything you want. In my own opinion, it is a proof of the fruits of my labour.
No music features with KCee yet?
We are seriously working on my album, which features a-list stars including KCee, Duncan Mighty, 2Face, Flavor, M.I, Patoranking and much more, watch out for Mr Songz new singles dropping soon.

Do you see yourself going solo to float your record label soon?
I’m very comfortable where I am right now and I don’t have any future plan to leave 5Star Music Label to go solo, its platform big enough to accommodate and cover us all to enable us reach our full potential. The boss is good and cheerful person so leaving is not in my plans.
On the controversial interview which you said your parents were related, is it true?
It was a misunderstanding and wrong information. There is no truth in it.

The #Elections2015 is the hottest thing right now, who is your ideal Presidential candidate?
I will vote Goodluck Jonathan because he’s calmer has more offer to the youths than Buhari. Goodluck is younger and is someone the youths like me can easily communicate with anytime. As long as leadership is concerned in Naija, we can only pray for God’s intervention.

Do you have any message for youths involved in #Elections2015?
Don’t vote or allow somebody persuade you for money, be convinced with the person you choose and that he has a brighter future plan for Nigeria.
With your current success, the ideal life partner comes to play - Are you currently in a relationship and who is your ideal woman?
*Laughs* I’m very much single and not any relationship. Harrysong is a busy man lately, and I don’t have that time to give to any woman right now.  There is time for everything, when the time comes, the right woman will fall in place. I just need a better pikin that has African qualities. As long as she cooks well, take care of the home and run her business, its ok by me.  I'm blessed right now and i can take care of us very well.

 What is your biggest regret so far?
The memorable one occurred just last year when the youths in Warri South LGA called me to come and represent them as their youth Chairman and I turned them down by telling them that I’m always busy with music. I regret now because I have realized it would have been a good opportunity to serve my people and ofcourse the rewarding benefits that would have come with the appointment *laughs*
The pressure that comes with success are inevitable, how have you been giving back to society?
There are too many to name honestly - from paying school fees to helping others in my own little ways to other personal charity projects. We cannot go around announcing these things, we can only do our best and I thank God for everything really.

The Harrysong Brand has come a long way, what else should your fans and friends expect from you? 
They should watch out for my album dropping in April Godwilling! With the hard work we are putting in it, there is a lot to expect and i project that it will be big. My Latest video for ‘Ofeshe’ will be dropping anytime from now and more singles will follow.

Follow Harrysong on TwitterFacebook & Instagram

Watch & Download Harrysong's latest video - OFESHE

No comments:

Post a Comment