QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Vincent Enyeama Crowned Goal Nigeria 2014 Player Of The Year

Lille and Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama has been voted as the Goal Nigeria Player of the Year 2014, winning the award courtesy of overwhelming votes from readers of the website. He led the field that included illustrious compatriots Ahmed Musa, Obafemi Martins, Mfon Udoh and Ikechukwu Uche with an overwhelming 55% of votes cast between December 1-5, 2014. A joyful Enyeama, 32, accepted the award at his club in France on Monday morning.

“I’m happy, really happy,” he enthused. “I want to thank my teammates at Lille, the Nigeria national team, my coaches, my wife, my fans, everybody who voted for me, who scream for me during matches to encourage me. And the journalists, without which nothing will be possible.”

Enyeama is only the second player to win the Goal Nigeria Player of the Year award following John Obi Mikel’s dominance in the past two years. “I think it’s really hard for a goalkeeper to be recognized. I want to say to all the other goalkeepers that they have to work hard. If they work hard, with God, everything is possible,” he said.

Coming off a season in France where he kept clean sheets in 21 matches (with 11 consecutive shut outs), the Super Eagles number one has got big dreams. “I want to win every match. Everyday, I give my best to be better than yesterday, My target [is] to be the best goalkeeper in the world. This is my dream, and I’m working hard for this.

“In Nigeria, we have worked on basics and specific things. Our coach [Stephen] Keshi is very important. At Lille, Jean Pierre Mottet is very helpful too. They really helped to shape me, to shape my style, to make me who I am, a good goalkeeper. I’m not yet at my best level, I have many things to work out,” he said.

Credit: Goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment