QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Tuesday 7 April 2015

"I Am The Face Of Jimi Agbaje – Actress Rachael Oniga Talks Politics & More

Veteran Nollywood actress, Rachael Oniga who is not a Yoruba woman as many people presume, has spent most of her acting years in the Yoruba movie genre. She made her movie debut in ‘Onome’, and has featured in several notable Nigerian films. In this interview with Daily Times, she speaks on her new found love for politics, being a frontline campaigner for Lagos guber candidate, Jimi Agbaje and much more...

What is with your new found love for politics? 
It isn’t new, I’ve been into politics for some time now. For now, it’s politics. After that, I’ll go back to my job full time. That is not to say I haven’t been working. I’ve been going in and out of locations too.

Are you running for an elective office or what? 
No I am not but I’m campaigning for Jimi Agbaje in Lagos State. I am the face of Jimi Agbaje so I’ve been busy with his campaign. I also campaigned for President Goodluck Jonathan. So for the past few months, that’s what I’ve been doing. But you weren’t part of President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign crew in his first tenure No I wasn’t.

What made you join his crew? 
Nobody convinced me. I’m a person and when I believe in a course, I follow it and don’t look at what other people are doing.

Why be in the PDP camp? 
Because I believe in Jimi Agbaje. Before the presidential elections, I believed in President Jonathan and I felt he should have been given the chance to govern again so he could finish what he started. To be honest, he’s done so much for this country. It’s just that he’s not the type who makes noise about his achievements and unfortunately, in Nigeria’s politics, making noise is the in-thing. Just like the Yoruba proverb that if you don’t praise the lizard, it will praise itself by nodding the head. He is a peace loving person. He’s also someone who loves women. He respects motherhood. I see that he’s a true leader, a God-fearing person. It is his kind of person that we need.

Does this mean that you may also go into active politics someday? 
It can happen anytime Or maybe you’re seeking a political appointment If it comes, fine. But that’s not the reason why I’m into it. I have my name to protect and I feel that this is the time for me to come out and do something. I do a lot on set and if I can come out and do the real thing, there’s nothing wrong with that.

What’s the secret of your ageless looks? 
I don’t do facials or worry myself over any skin beauty routine but, I believe so much in massage therapy.

How often do you go for massages?
Twice a week if I have the time. I opted for massages because I can’t jog or take a long walk like you would do

Read more: Daily Times

No comments:

Post a Comment