QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Saturday 19 July 2014

"I Had A Dream To Play In The Premier League" - Filipe Luis Completes 'Dream' Move To Chelsea

Filipe Luis says he has fulfilled a dream by joining the Barclays Premier League with Chelsea. The 28-year-old left-back has signed a three-year contract after completing his move to Stamford Bridge from last season's La Liga champions Atletico Madrid. He will wear the No.5 shirt at Chelsea,

"I really want to wear the shirt and be a Chelsea player," he told www.chelseafc.com. "I can't wait to play at Stamford Bridge and see the fans for the first time, I’m really happy, I just want to give my best for the team and, of course, hopefully win some trophies.
"As a kid I had a dream that one day I would play in the Premier League so when Chelsea came in for me it was an easy decision. I really like this club, I can identify with the club and I can’t wait to put on the blue shirt."
Luis made 32 La Liga appearances last season as Atletico won the league title for the first time in 18 years. It marked a successful four seasons at the club for Luis, who also won the UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup and Copa del Rey while he played a key role in guiding Atletico to the final of last season's UEFA Champions League.

"Last season was brilliant but I’ve come here to do exactly the same," he added. "I want to go one better in the Champions League and, in terms of the Premier League, I want the trophy badly.

"Chelsea is the best club for me to do that; we have the best coach and an amazing squad, we have some brilliant players and I hope the supporters will see the Premier League trophy at Stamford Bridge at the end of the season."

He is Chelsea's fourth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Cesc Fabregas, Mario Pasalic, and Diego Costa, Chelsea begin their pre-season campaign in Austria next week Jose Mourinho's side begin their 2014/15 Barclays Premier League campaign with a trip to newly promoted Burnley on Monday, 18 August.

No comments:

Post a Comment