QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Friday 18 July 2014

PHOTOSPEAK: Louis Van Gaal Unveiled At Man United, As Rio Ferdinand Wraps Up QPR Move

While Louis van Gaal was being unveiled on Thursday, Manchester United old boy, Rio Ferdinand was putting thoughts of Old Trafford behind them. Ferdinand, released by United at the end of the season, wrapped up his move to Queens Park Rangers by signing a 12-month contract.

Rio Ferdinand was looking forward to extending his Premier League career with Harry Redknapp’s side after signing a deal worth up to £70,000-a-week. The move reunites Ferdinand with Redknapp, who gave the former England star his senior debut at West Ham in 1995.
Ferdinand, 35, has been involved in deals worth close to £50million and was one of Redknapp’s top targets as soon as QPR were promoted. He told the QPR website: ‘I spoke to Harry and (owner Tony) Mr Fernandes at length. I think they both looked me in the eye and knew that I still have something to offer; that I had a genuine desire to come here and play football.’
‘I had a lot of offers from all over the world - some in places with a better climate than here. But the draw for me was to play in the Premier League. It’s not about money - I had loads of more lucrative offers available to me.
'I still feel I’ve got something to offer and I’m excited about helping this club cement its place in the Premier League.’
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal arrived at the club's Carrington training ground on Wednesday  and was unveiled on Thursday to begin his new role. The Dutchman dodged the cameras at the main gate but was shown in pictures on the club's Twitter feed alongside his assistant manager Ryan Giggs and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward. Van Gaal was due to meet those players not on a post-World Cup break as well as the rest of the club staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment