QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Thursday 23 April 2015

Master Key Thief Nabbed For Stealing N3.2 Million During PDP Campaign Rally

According to a report on Punch Metro, a suspected thief arrested by the police in Lagos, Tokunbo Ojo, says a master key he owned made it easy for him to steal from vehicles during public functions such as weddings and burials. Ojo recently got lucky as he stole N3.2million from a car parked at the campaign rally of the Peoples Democratic Party in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

A correspondent gathered that 49-year-old Ojo, who hails from Aramoko, Ekiti State, was nabbed by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad with the master key on Tuesday, April 14. It was gathered that Ojo had allegedly attended weddings, burial ceremonies, political campaigns and other functions where he used the key to break into parked vehicles. While speaking with Punch, the father of two said...,
“I used to work as a house painter. But in 2013, my work was no longer flourishing. So I developed the idea of using a master key to steal. I consulted a welder friend to make the key for me. I got it from him for N500. Since 2013, I had gone to high-class events for operations. I usually dressed like one of the guests and would mingle with other guests as if I was invited.
“Later, I would go out as if I forgot something in my vehicle. And I would proceed to one of the expensive vehicles where I suspected there would be valuables. The master key could open any vehicle.”
Ojo added that during the recent electioneering, he stole N3.2m from a car parked at the venue of a campaign rally in Abeokuta, Ogun State. He said he also stole laptops, phones and jewellery from other cars he opened.
“The campaign rally was in Abeokuta, Ogun State, and it was the PDP campaign rally. I saw N3.2m inside one of the vehicles I opened. Nobody suspected anything. I used the money to get a Toyota Highlander. The police have taken the vehicle from me. My wife and two children did not know this was the work I did. I stole in order to survive. I regret my actions now. I wish I could be forgiven.”
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the arrest. He added that the police recovered a vehicle from the suspect.
“The suspect confessed to using a master key to break into cars and sometimes steal money and other valuables. We also recovered a Toyota Highlander from him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment