QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Friday 5 June 2015

Financial Hardship Enough Reason? NDLEA Nabs Bizman & 2 Others At Lagos Airport For Drugs

On his way to board an Air France Flight to Paris at the Lagos airport, he officials of NDLEA has nabbed a 46-year old man with 225 grammes of cocaine concealed in his anus. Tochukwu Prosper Nzom who hails from Anambra State is married with 2 children. NDLEA quoted the auto parts dealer as saying that he would have been paid $1,500;
“I was drinking with friends when I heard them talking about drugs. I actually volunteered to smuggle drugs because of my financial situation. They agreed to pay me 1,500 dollars because it was only three wraps weighing 225 grammes. I am from a poor home"
Idehen Prince Henry also said that he too requested to smuggle drugs because of financial hardship.
“I am from Enugu State. I am married to a Brazilian lady and we have a child. I work as a salesboy in a supermarket. I dropped out of school in Junior Secondary class 3. I overheard some of my friends discussing about drugs and I indicated interest. That was how it started. The drug was packed in a bag for me and they promised to pay me $2,500. I am so sad, disappointed and ashamed of myself”
The third suspect, Ilemena Chinedu Peter who has lived in Brazil for about a decade said that he made a costly mistake. In his words...
“I did not know what came over me. I have been a hard working person since my childhood. My wife and three children are in Benin while I struggle in Brazil as the bread winner. My son gained admission into the University and he is very brilliant. I needed to pay for his tuition and other expenses. I would have made $12,000 from the drug deal”.

No comments:

Post a Comment